Job details Salary $15 - $27 an hour Job type Full-time Full Job Description
Who We Are
Shorefast is one of North America’s most creative and notable social enterprises and the charitable organization behind the world-renowned Fogo Island Inn and Fogo Island Arts. We’ve garnered significant international attention including a feature on 60 Minutes and named in The New York Times’ 52 Places for a Changed World.
Shorefast is committed to building economic and cultural resilience on Fogo Island while making it possible for local communities to thrive in the global economy; we’re forging a new path at the intersection of business, philanthropy, and community economic development.
As primary gatekeeper to the Shorefast Shared Services Team, the Office Administrator is responsible for a wide array of duties including managing day-to-day administrative activities for Shorefast Social Enterprises Inc. The Office Administrator will support the Shared Services team in achieving objectives and will contribute to streamlining a variety of cross functional activities including human resources, employee engagement, accounting, planning and scheduling, process and controls, and general administrative support.
What You’ll Do
- Manage administrative duties to support the Shared Services Team, which may include; Participating in meetings and taking notes, preparing correspondence, and creating expense and other reports.
- Provide exceptional customer service including greeting guests/customers, answering phone inquiries, and handling requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Participate on various committees, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety Committee, Social Committee, Wellness Committee, etc.
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations for invited visitors/guests.
- Liaise with multiple teams and working groups on various projects.
- Maintain electronic and paper records and filing systems.
- Facilitate employee engagement activities and community outreach programs or events.
- Provide other administrative support as necessary.
Qualifications you’ll bring
- Proven excellence as an office assistant, office administrator or in another relevant position.
- Successful completion of a diploma or degree in business administration, or any combination of relevant education and work experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and related software.
- Outstanding abilities to communicate in person, in writing and over the phone.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality, problem-solving, and time management skills.
What we offer
- An engaged, progressive, highly supportive, flexible, and collaborative work environment
- The opportunity to work in a thriving social entrepreneurship environment
- A commitment to recruiting, promoting, and training qualified individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Group Insurance Plan (including Health, Dental, Life & AD&D) and Employee Assistance Program
- Eligibility for discounts at Shorefast’s community enterprises, and at select Canadian hotels
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00-$27.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Joe Batts Arm, NL: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-05-27
Expected start date: 2022-06-06
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Urgently hiringJob activity
Posted Just posted
ReceptionistLASIK MDJob details Job type Full-time Full Job Description See if you are our next: RECEPTIONIST Working in a [LASIK MD clinic is so much more than1 week agoShareNorth York, ON+4 locations
administration officerCYBOUR TECHNOLOGY INC.Job details Salary $26 an hour Job type Full-time Full Job Description Additional Skills Delegate work to office support staff Specific Skills Carry1 week agoShareMississauga, ON L5S 1V9
Mail SorterEquation Staffing Solutions.Full Job Description Mail Sorter Our client is looking to add to their team of Mail Sorters, a variety of part time, casual shifts are available.1 week agoShareLondon, ON+7 locations
Office ClerkKnights Beach ResortJob details Salary $18 - $20 an hour Job type Full-time Full Job Description Knights Beach Resort is looking for front office staff for the 2022 season. Our1 week agoShareDunnville, ON
Virtual Assistant (Remote - Work from Home - Part Time)AZ Accounting FirmJob details Salary $25 - $30 an hour Job type Part-time Fixed term contract Freelance Full Job Description AZ Accounting Firm is a professional CPA firm offering07-05-2022ShareRemote in Toronto, ON