Police Officer Cadet Training Program
Now Hiring Police Officer Cadet Training Program
The Medicine Hat Police Service serves a community of approx. 65, 000 "Hatters" and takes pride in partnering with our residents to make our community safe, vibrant and welcoming to all. We are looking for individuals who have a passion to serve the community and thrive in a diverse work environment with plenty of opportunity to learn, grow and serve. If this sounds like a career you are interested in, we want to hear from you!
The MHPS is currently seeking applicants for the position of police constable. Applicants will be selected from this application process, be sworn in as police cadets and commence 20 weeks of police recruit training at the MHPS starting on October 3rd, 2022.
The Police Officer Cadet Training Program has been accredited by Lethbridge College and will follow standards set forth by the Alberta Justice & Solicitor General's office. Upon successful completion of the cadet training program, cadets will be selected for immediate employment as a police constable with the MHPS. The remaining cadets will be shortlisted for consideration should additional vacancies arise over the next year.
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Certificate Required);
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency;
- Driver's Abstract dated within one month of application. Greater than five (5) demerits disqualifies applicant;
- Applicants shall not have a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted (proof of pardon required). Applicants shall not have any criminal charges before the courts;
- Meet the minimum vision requirements approved by the Alberta Justice & Solicitor General. Applicants must submit a vision report (see application form along with standards);
- Must pass a full Police Service security clearance as outlined in the Medicine Hat Service Policy and Procedures, including a polygraph examination.
- This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a completed application online. If you are unable to submit your application through our website, you can send a completed application through letter or courier mail to:
City of Medicine Hat, Human Resources Department
Suite 101, 505 First Street SE
Medicine Hat, AB T1A 0A9
Please note the Human Resources office is currently closed to the public.
For more information on this recruitment, the application package, minimum requirements, or other frequently asked questions, visit www.mhps.ca.
We thank all applicants; however only completed applications will be considered.
Mortgage AgentPineapplePineapple is among the fastest growing mortgage brokerages in the GTA. We are currently looking to expand and hire Mortgage professionals. Our proprietary systems, tools58 minute agoShareToronto, ON
Sales Associate7-Eleven, Inc.Overview: The person who greets and helps customers in a local 7-Eleven is the most important person in the 7-Eleven corporation. Bar none. You are the face of our58 minute agoShareOshawa, ON
Gold Rush Summer Intern - Operations Strategy - Supply ChainKinross Gold CorporationThe Kinross Corporate Head Office is located in downtown Toronto and supports Kinross’ operations and projects worldwide. Corporate functions include Finance,58 minute agoShareToronto, ON
warehouse managerABC CORK CO LLCBusiness Equipment and Computer Applications Internet Electronic scheduler Electronic mail Dispatch management service software Monitoring and tracking59 minute agoShareLondon, ON
cleaner supervisorSWISS PROFESSIONAL SERVICE INC.Or equivalent experience Additional Skills Prepare budget and cost estimates Maintain financial records Hire and train or arrange for training of cleaning59 minute agoShareEtobicoke, ON