Network and Systems Administrator
The Network & Systems Administrator role is to ensure the stable operation of the network, servers and computers. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, all network and computer hardware, and software.
Provides firsthand end user support for hardware and software problems, and end user training where required.
- Support PC user’s hardware and software and provides timely troubleshooting for issues.
- Second line support for the stores’ point of sale applications, hardware, software, network, emails, voice and internet connectivity.
- Configure, test, prepare and ship POS system and peripherals to stores.
- Provide off-hours support.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, internal services for source control and issues tracking
- Under direction of the Network and Infrastructure Manager install network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Accountable for network asset management, including maintenance of hardware and software inventories, licenses and related documentation and technical specs.
- Participate in Security administration.
- Support all types of communications including cellphones i.e. Android and Blackberry
- Support company users with their use of applications such as Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook. Web Browsers and file shares.
- Support and maintain internal services. (AD, DNS, DHCP, Network)
- Creating, imaging and deploying servers and desktops and their required services.
- Perform daily system monitoring, including verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; reviewing system and application logs; and verifying completion of scheduled jobs, such as backups.
- Adhere to IT Standards & Policies.
- Self-motivated to learn and acquire new skills.
- College diploma in a related discipline.
- 5 years+ hands on experience and advanced level of knowledge in system administration, configuration and support Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Cisco Firewalls, Switches and Routers.
- Advanced Knowledge of VMWare virtualization platform.
- Automation scripts in Windows and Linux. (Python, Bash)
- Working knowledge of installation and setup of network cabling and wireless infrastructure.
- Active Directory Management.
- Advanced critical thinking and troubleshooting.
- Commitment to superior customer service.
- Understand security threats and knowledgeable of negative impact on business when breached.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a strong team player with a willingness to learn.
- On call availability for off hours support.
- Lifting (11-60 lbs), moving and setting up of computers and monitors.
- Some bending or reaching while setting up computers.
Red Apple Stores Inc. provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing your application, please contact HR at [email protected]
Please email your resume directly to our Human Resources Department
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Share this job posting
Office Admin/Quality ControlBudget Brake & Muffler Auto Centres Corporate Offi...$18 - $24 an hourOffice Administrator/Quality Control Administrative support tasks, including answering phones, receiving visitors, preparing couriers, sorting/distributing mail, order6 minute agoShareCoquitlam, BC
Administrative AssistantNSERC$52,401 - $61,653 a yearPreference will be given to Canadian citizens. IMPORTANT NOTE: NSERC and SSHRC are closely following the recommendations of appropriate health authorities in light of34 minute agoShareOttawa, ON
Customer Service RepresentativeBMO Financial GroupAddress: 3835 Bloor StW / 5230 Dundas StW Job Family Group: Retail Banking Sales & Service This role is at 6 Points Plaza and is a guaranteed 12 hours a34 minute agoShareToronto, ON
AdministratorBaker Real Estate Incorporated$25 an hourHead Administrators should be adept at the following in addition to being professional and highly effective communicators, both verbally and in writing. - preparation of52 minute agoShareMarkham, ON
Post Office Clerk PTShoppers Drug MartLocation: 1582 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 7Z5 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community,1 hour agoShareOttawa, ON