facilities services manager
Now Brewing – facilities services manager - Toronto, ON #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
“When you’re surrounded by people who share a passionate commitment around a common purpose, anything is possible. Dream more than others think practical.”
– Howard Schultz, Starbucks Coffee Company
As a facilities services manager, you will:
- Contribute to Starbucks success by managing facilities service, and service levels from regional vendors at retail stores.
- Model and act in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Engage with our operations partners at all levels, to problem solve and provide support as required
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities. Practices and promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Leadership - Setting goals for the portfolio, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups on changes in policies and practices within the organization
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that work is aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
- Participation in; renovation scoping process/ portfolio/market planning.
- Overall project management to ensure execution of initiatives as required.
- Support Operations in process gaps
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Interfaces with Landlord and Government departments to adhere to lease standards and code policies.
- Manages capital projects, equipment replacement, minor retrofit and enhancement, and other initiatives.
- Executes capital projects to completion.
- Participates in new store turnover processes.
- Monitors equipment performance and evaluates service warranty issues for capital equipment.
- Manages equipment inventories and asset tracking.
- Manages regional/ mutli regional/national vendors for facilities repair and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots specific technical issues for the vendors.
- Manages repair and maintenance and capital budgets.
- Tracks and analyzes budgets and makes recommendations for action.
- Leverages trending and analytics to drive business decisions within portfolio
- Provides reports to operations management on status of respective capital projects.
- Manages service levels for stores, equipment technicians, contractors and vendors.
- Engages/Coaches Operations on store condition & roles/responsibilities
- Interfaces with Landlords, operations, and waste consultants to improve waste management practices,
- Optimize services, increase waste diversion and recycling of materials in order to reduce financial, operational and environmental impact of waste management.
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to client group in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
Summary of Experience
- Construction or related mechanical trade, with experience managing service and maintenance vendors (3 years)
- Expense budget accountability (2 years)
- Retail or restaurant chain operations (2 years)
- Managing computerized maintenance database (1 year)
- Project management and preventative maintenance programs (1 year)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to influence without authority
- Knowledge of general construction
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing and mechanical
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Basic knowledge of database queries and analysis
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal, provincial, and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at [email protected]
Fashion AssociateWalmart CanadaFull-timePosition Summary... The Fashion Associate will provide customer service by processing and stocking all fashion merchandise and maintaining cleanliness on the salesfloor1 hour agoShareBarrie, ON+8 locations
Marchandiseur - Temps pleinShoppers Drug Mart / PharmaprixFull-timeWeekend availabilityLocation: 7077 Newman Blvd, Suite 8, Montreal, Quebec, H8N 1X1 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in1 hour agoShareMontréal, QC+2 locations
administrative officerBeautywave School & Supply Inc$26.50 an hourFull-timeWork setting Private sector Tasks Review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and2 hour agoShareSurrey, BC
office managerTRUCKCAP LIMITED$26 an hourFull-timeWork setting Private sector Tasks Review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures Delegate work to office support staff Establish work2 hour agoShareBrampton, ON
hotel assistant managerP & P Park Hotels Inc.$24.20 an hourFull-timeWork site environment Non-smoking Work setting Urban area Budgetary responsibility $100,001 - $500,000 Tasks Develop and implement policies and procedures2 hour agoShareSherwood Park, AB