Enrolment Services Representative
Toronto, ON Permanent $27.11 an hour Posting Date: June 30, 2020 Closing Date: July 8, 2020 Employee Group: Support Type: Permanent Pay Range: Payband F - $27.11 - $31.43 ( Start Rate: $27.11) Hours: 35 hours weekly, Monday to Friday; 9-5 Position Summary:
Under the supervision and guidance of the Manager, International Admissions, the Enrolment Services Representative will work collaboratively to support current and prospective students with their application and enrolment service needs. The role requires the incumbent to display a high level of customer service, tact and diplomacy when working with students and colleagues and will require the incumbent to rotate between front counter and call centre operations to ensure that established deadlines, goals and objectives of the College are met in a timely and efficient manner.Responsibilities: Front Line Services
- Handles front line services in support of students and a new queuing process (Q-Nomy), including responding to inquiries from potential, new and returning students (by phone, e-mail, or in person) on admissions status, student record updates, college programs, courses, internal processes, requirements and services including enrolment procedures, student services and timelines.
- Explains the full time admission process and expedites the application process for individuals applying close to start of classes including providing assistance with arranging advising appointments.
- Informs and demonstrates navigation of the on-line Student Centre in person, over the phone and via email.
- Supports FCE Registration by delivering information to prospects and students regarding offerings as well as demonstrates navigation of the web registration process.
- Responds to a wide variety of regulatory, general and detailed information requests regarding but not limited to; general academic information; application and academic deadlines; admissions and graduation.
- Communicates with applicants and registrants to resolve problems that may prevent admission into programs or registration, based on standard criteria of each academic program.
- Investigates and services tax tuition receipts (T2202A) requests/complaints involving three separate processes for specified tax periods.
- Provides cross-functional backup and support to colleagues within the Registrar’s Office during peak periods.
- Participates in activities/events within the college such as Convocation, Information fairs, Open Houses etc.
- Collects and processes documentation received.
- Verifies and updates student record within the Student Information System and ensures account is registration ready.
- Conducts a variety of cashiering duties, including balancing transactions and deposit summaries.
- Ensures timely provision of accurate responses in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act guidelines and within the parameters of established standard enrolment criteria and processes.
- Completes form letters for specific requests, for example confirmation of enrolment.
- Completed two (2) year diploma in Public Relations, Business, Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field. If education is in a related field of study, state how the education is related.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a fast-paced, high volume, computer-based customer service environment.
- General understanding of the overall Registrar’s Office functions with the ability to work with related policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proven customer service excellence, strong interpersonal skills combined with excellent initiative and superior problem solving ability.
- Strong aptitude for financial data and calculations are required to ensure cashiering functions are performed accurately and student financial issues can be identified and resolved quickly. Strong analytical abilities with good attention to detail are also required to ensure the integrity and accuracy of student records.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with awareness and sensitivity to cross-cultural communication requirements of clients and an understanding of special need students and diversity issues.
- Ability to work variations of a daily work shift based on and possibly working evenings or specified Saturdays during peak periods of activity and participate in various college events.
Note: This position may require medium physical effort, lifting 5-20 kg/11-44 lbs. A skills assessment will be administered during the recruitment process.
Seneca is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially indigenous persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. View Seneca's Diversity Policy.
Note: Seneca requires copies of educational credentials at the time of an interview. Confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency will be required upon hire.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Retail Cannabis Bud Tender positionsSpeakeasy Cannabis Company$34,486 - $42,149 a yearSpeakeasy Cannabis Company is expanding to Bowmanville, Cambridge, and Midland! We are a neat bunch who have created a space for you to Speakeasy and explore51 minute agoShareBowmanville, ON
Technical Assistant-office supportEmployer Name: SpiderID: 9696875 Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Date Posted: 7/10/2020 Wage: 20.00/hour Category: Information Technology Job Code: Number Of51 minute agoShareDartmouth, Nova Scotia
Senior Devops EngineerThalesIn fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and52 minute agoShareOttawa, Ontario
Apprentice Carpenter (NOC: 7271)Employer Name: SpiderID: 9697226 Location: Surrey, British Columbia Date Posted: 7/10/2020 Wage: Category: Carpeting Job Code: Job Description: Company1 hour agoShareSurrey, British Columbia
Office AdministratorAikaam Financial And Insurance Services Ltd.Employer Name: Aikaam Financial And Insurance Services Ltd. SpiderID: 9697393 Location: Surrey, British Columbia Date Posted: 7/10/2020 Wage: Category:1 hour agoShareSurrey, British Columbia