Technical Data Analyst
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Reporting to the Manager, Analytics in Group Benefits, the Technical Data Analyst will support the development of innovative analytics solutions including transformation processes and data models that form the core of a new generation of analytics services and self-serve solutions for our customers.
In our fast growing Business Analytics team, there is a need for talented and passionate individuals to design, create, deploy, and evolve our data analytics platforms.
Our growing mandate to deliver Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Data Solutions requires an experienced business data analyst to accelerate the development of our strategic analytics projects in support of our business stakeholders.
What will you do?
- Responsible for understanding business processes in order to analyze, interpret, and advise business partners on analytical findings
- Efficiently develop and present reporting and analytical solutions to key stakeholders and partners
- Understand and incorporate technology best practices with a primary focus on Tableau, Python and SQL
- Diligently perform quality assurance and risk assessment guidelines to minimize operational, reputation, and legal risk
- Foster a work environment that values people and encourages participation, creativity, learning, and accountability
What do you need to succeed?
- Work directly with data engineers, business data analysts, data scientists and clients in Group Business throughout the entire engagement life cycle including technical analysis, design, development, implementation and consulting efforts
- Maintain best practice standards for analysis and reporting at all levels including data governance, documentation, testing and visualization techniques
- 2-4 years relational database experience (SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- 2-4 years of programming experience (e.g., Python)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven experience consolidating and analyzing data sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in related complex concepts to non-technical users
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a cross functional team environment
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and quickly find alternative solutions to business and data challenges
- Attention to detail and in-depth planning, organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable learning new applications quickly with minimal direction
Education and Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
3-5 years+ of experience in:
- Solid skills in SQL, Python, C++, or Java used in data manipulation
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles and experience in design and/or development using dimensional modeling principles
- Tableau development experience and designing dashboards / decision enablement tools
- Developing rich portfolio of design uses cases demonstrating excellent user experience
- Working in an agile development environment including rapid prototyping
What will be nice to have?
- Experience with statistical tools like AWS Sagemaker or R.
- Experience with cloud/big data technologies such as AWS Glue, Redshift, Hive or Hadoop.
- Experience with visualization and analytical tools like Tableau or Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience in developing and maintaining large databases with complex relationships between tables
- Must be able to attain Canadian Reliability Security Clearance (RCMP to conduct 5 year history checks)
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- A friendly, collaborative and inclusive culture
- Being part of our Analytics community, where we share best practices and broaden skill-sets
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:49,400/49 400 - 80,800/80 800
Job Category:Advanced Analytics
Posting End Date:12/02/2020
(CAN) Pharmacy AssistantWalmart Canada1. Receiving prescriptions from patients, following provincial legal/regulatory conditions and assessing the prescription for completeness i.e. Name; Address; DOB;1 hour agoShareSteinbach, MB
Préposé aux caisses libre-serviceWalmart Canada1. Keeping the area N.C.O. and free of fixtures, unnecessary debris, foreign objects, and liquids. 2. Educating customers on the correct and efficient use of1 hour agoShareBrossard, QC
administrative assistantAarvi Transport Ltd.$24 an hourBusiness Equipment and Computer Applications MS Windows MS Office Specific Skills Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents Schedule and confirm2 hour agoShareSurrey, BC
Alarm TechnicianTHE MONITORING CENTER$20 an hourThe Monitoring Center is a leading provider of security systems and is currently looking for personnel for our Technical Team. Our Technicians are responsible for the2 hour agoShareVancouver, BC
Cashier PTShoppers Drug Mart / PharmaprixLocation: 269 Clarence Street, Brantford, Ontario, N3R 3T6 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your3 hour agoShareBrantford, ON