Banking Advisor Intern
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Job TitleBanking Advisor Intern
What is the opportunity?
This unique position calls on your client-focused sales expertise and natural problem-solving skills to maximize each client interaction. Specifically, you help clients with their everyday banking, credit, and investment needs. As an RBC ambassador, you add value in the moments that matter most to clients and collaborate with RBC partners to help clients achieve their goals. Whether you’re demonstrating to a client how to use digital banking, on-boarding a new client, or referring a complex opportunity to a specialist, your expertise will contribute to creating meaningful and memorable client experiences to drive client satisfaction and loyalty.
What will you do?
Proactively engage with clients in all areas of the branch and in the community, uncovering banking needs, providing help and advice, as well as identifying sales and referral opportunities
- Focus on client education and demonstration, leveraging technology to deliver a memorable client experience, drive sales, and retain business
- Respond to client-initiated contact, assisting them with a full range of financial transactions
- Actively listen and engage clients in conversation to further understand their individual needs
- Proactively take ownership of resolving and preventing client banking problems
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners to make the most of business opportunities and referrals
What do you need to succeed?
Mutual Funds accreditation (i.e., Investment Funds in Canada or the Canadian Securities Course)
- Demonstrated passion for putting clients first, as well as success in a hands-on, target-driven sales environment
- Problem-solving and people skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and proactively connect with clients
- Flexibility, eagerness to learn, strong personal ethics, and a hunger for success
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Availability to work all open business hours
Track record in building rapport and maintaining client relationships within the financial or service industry
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including competitive compensation, bonuses, and flexible benefits
- Continued opportunities for career advancement
- World-class sales training, coaching, and development opportunities
- Support from a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high performing team, as well as world-class tools and training
- Opportunity to achieve great success and grow your career with RBC
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
Address:WHITEHORSE, Yukon, Canada
Employment Type:Full time
Platform:Personal and Commercial Banking
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Customer Service RepresentativeBMO Financial Group601 Main Street Vancouver British Columbia,V6A 2V4 Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Identifies customer needs and provides advice and1 hour agoShareVancouver, BC+22 locations
Sales Advisor - PoznańTeslaFull-timeWhat to Expect As a Sales Advisor, you will play a critical role in helping customers on their journey to ownership of a Tesla vehicle. You will be a product8 hour agoShareHeadquarters, BC
Flow ManagerCanada Life Assurance CompanyEstimated at $58.6K–$74.3K a yearFull-timeJob Description: We are looking for a Flow Manager for an Agile team that uses the Kanban method. Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the12 hour agoShareLondon, ON
Medical Information InternJohnson & JohnsonEstimated at $37.7K–$47.7K a yearInternship / Co-opRole Summary: The Medical Information Intern is a medical science professional who provides high-level clinical communications and support to healthcare13 hour agoShareHybrid remote in Toronto, ON
Advising AssistantThompson Rivers UniversityFull-time +1Monday to FridayApplication Restrictions Open to both Internal and external Job Type Support Staff (CUPE)13 hour agoShareKamloops, BC