Visitor Services Associate
Under the supervision of the Visitor Services Manager, the Associate contributes to the quality of the public experience by providing a seamless front-line service, actively offering comprehensive information regarding programs, activities, facilities and services, as well as providing information on the Gallery’s organization, exhibitions, collections, and tourist information. The Associate gathers information on visitors by conducting surveys and recording public opinion. The VS Associate contributes to the Gallery’s revenue generation effort by promoting and selling the programs and services related to Gallery activities.
- A post-secondary education in art, art history or visual art or an acceptable combination of education, experience and training;
- 2-3 years’ experience in a field related to customer service for the general public, more specifically in disseminating information and greeting visitors;
- 2-3 years’ experience with cash systems and cash handling;
- 2-3 years’ experience in the use of office productivity software such as Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Ability to deal with the public effectively, politely and professionally;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, reliability, judgment, integrity and be a team player.
Notice to Applicants: The Human Resources Department of the National Gallery of Canada, invites selected applicants for interviews by way of written communication via email as per the NGC Staffing Process. Should applicants opt to unsubscribe from receiving emails regarding employment in this organisation, please note that we will not be able to communicate with you to participate in the interview process. We encourage applicants to update their career profiles, ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails and check email junk/spam folders regularly.
We encourage applicants to update their career profiles, ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails and check email junk/spam folders regularly.
Condition of Employment
- Must meet the bilingual requirement to be invited to the interview process.
- Reliability Status - this factor is not used at the pre-selection stage.
- Employees will be required to work anywhere from 27 to 32.5 hours a week. Covering a period between April 19, 2021 until September 30, 2021. The April and May period will be a mixture of on call and fix schedule followed by fix schedule until the beginning of September, followed by an on call period ending September 30, 2021.
- You must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- The schedule may change based on government restrictions and / or the museum's opening hours and days.
- Temporary assignment with the possibility of extension.
- A variety of assessment tools may be used to assess candidates.
- The National Gallery of Canada is committed to having a skilled, diversified workforce reflective or Canadian Society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily their application if they are a woman, an Indigenous person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
- The Gallery is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environment. Alternative selection tool methods and/or reasonable accommodation are available upon request.
- Candidates are entitled to participate in the selection process in the official language of their choice.
Apply for this job
Patient Administrative Associate - Staffing Office - Temporary Full-time (210645)Sunnybrook Health Sciences CentreWe currently have a Temporary Full-time (until approx. June 2021) opportunity for a Patient Administrative Associate in the Staffing Office department at our Bayview4 hour agoShareToronto, ON
Library AssistantTown of Oakville$16.09 - $18.93 an hourEmployment Status: Permanent Part-time (CUPE 5348)Hours: 22 hours per week with ability to work all shifts (days, evenings, and weekends)Location: Iroquois Ridge4 hour agoShareOakville, ON
Administrative SupportGovernment of Saskatchewan$20.26 - $25.40 an hourAdministrative Support - ADM018541 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more Location(s): SK-Central East-Yorkton Ministry: 036 Social Services Salary Range:4 hour agoShareYorkton, SK
Summer Student (Administration) (New Minas)Province of Nova Scotia$16.50 - $26.90 an hourCompetition # : 29465 Department: Transportation & Infrastructure Renewal Location: NEW MINAS Type of Employment: Student Union Status: Exclusion - Non Union -7 hour agoShareNew Minas, NS
Correctional OfficerProvince of Nova Scotia$4,064 - $4,982 a monthCompetition # : 29391 Department: Justice Location: NEW GLASGOW Type of Employment: Permanent Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG Closing Date: 3/17/2021 (Applications are7 hour agoShareNew Glasgow, NS