Security Guard On-Call
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Security Guard, you will enforce and follow procedures as well as protect City of Calgary assets (including people, information, facilities and equipment). Primary duties include:
- Operate and monitor video surveillance systems and intrusion alarm systems.
- Monitor, respond to and report life safety and maintenance systems on issues and incidents.
- Provide initial response to all security-related situations.
- Conduct site specific visitor management and access control requirements.
- Perform general administration duties, including report writing, data entry, word processing, and telephone/reception duties.
- Perform foot and mobile patrol duties, as required.
You must have 1 of the following combinations of education and/or experience prior to starting work:
- A High School diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED), plus at least 3 years of security-related experience; OR
- A completed 1 year certificate in Criminology, Policing Studies, Justice Studies, Law or related field with at least 1 year security related experience; OR
- A completed 2 year diploma in any of the fields noted above with less than 1 year security related experience; OR
- A degree in any of the fields noted above.
- A valid Security Guard License issued by the Alberta Solicitor General's Office.
- Current Standard First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Level 'C', and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification.
- A valid Class 5 Driver's License (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerits or Graduated Driver's License (GDL) with no more than 4 demerits, no current suspensions or charges pending is required.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Internet Explorer, and a minimum typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- You have well-developed interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills, along with the ability to work effectively with employees and the public at all levels.
- An enhanced security clearance will be conducted.
- Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
- Must obtain a City of Calgary operator's permit.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Effective November 1, 2021, all City of Calgary employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please refer to COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Corporate Security Position Type: 7 On-Call Location: Various Compensation: Pay Grade 5 $27.98 - 37.40 per hour Days of Work: Based on a 24 hour operation, days of work
will include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays. Hours of work: On-Call hours will be based on operational
requirements. Audience: Internal/External Apply By: December 7, 2021 Job ID #: 304830
Apply for Job
Soccer playersCentral Athletics Investment Management Ltd.Estimated at $29.1K–$36.9K a yearCentral Athletics Investment Management soccer team is looking to add some quality players(striker is preferred) to strengthen its men’s team for the upcoming9 hour agoShareSurrey, BC
Technical Client Service Representative - Work From HomeSutherlandJob Description: Are you looking for an opportunity to use your knowledge of hardware and software to support clients? Do you have a background in providing technical9 hour agoShareRemote
athletics coachE Badminton Training Centre$26.20 an hourWork Site Environment Air conditioned Work Setting Badminton Professional sports organization Urban area Regional sports club Local sports club12 hour agoShareMarkham, ON
Customer Ambassador (2 Positions)Innisfil$54,382–$63,809 a yearIn all we do, we have the freedom to be our best self, belong, excel…. Why Innisfil? Join a12 hour agoShareInnisfil, ON
Customer Support Representative (Technical)opentextOPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY Together Carbonite and Webroot form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber12 hour agoShareWaterloo, ON