Film and Permit Administrator
Req ID: 17859
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 07/29/2021 Job Summary
Reporting to the Manager Creative Industries and Community Development, the Film Office & Permit Administrator will have the vision, energy and communication skills to successfully use Mississauga’s unique positioning to capitalize fully on the vast array of opportunities presented by its growing film and television sector. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with Mississauga’s Creative Industries advisors and key stakeholders to advance the recommendations of the Creative Industry Strategy.Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Manager, Creative Industries in overseeing the office including back-up staffing, the provision of effective customer service, and the development and maintenance of processes designed to be efficient and reliable for both the office and the clients.
- Additional work plan projects to support the growth of the film and television industry in Mississauga as per the Creative Industry Strategy and the Culture Master Plan
- Intake, assessment and prioritization of applications and requests
- Support the logistics, planning and execution of film permits by participating in site visits, technical scouts, and communicating in a timely manner to all pertinent parties
- Ensure that all planned activities comply with applicable City by-laws and policies
- Develop annual work-plans, develop and implement film sector-specific initiatives that will advance the Creative Industry Strategy;
- Oversee the preparation of reports, content for film and television sector publications, speeches and presentations for senior management and Council
- Coordinate and disseminate directories, websites and mailing lists
- Ensure corporate cash handling policies and procedures are maintained along with appropriate financial and statistical records.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in film and television or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Working knowledge of the screen sector
- Extremely organized to juggle daily changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish effective working relations, provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrated proficiency and a comfort with learning new software
- Valid class G driver’s license
- May require light lifting of supplies/materials.
- Exposure to computer keyboards and screens. Primarily office environment with event and site visits.
#LI-CMS Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 55,679.00 - $ 74,241.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Living Arts Centre
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Culture Division , Culture Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
supervisor, production - printingMinuteman Press Vancouver$25.95 an hourWorkers Supervised Printing machine operators Printing press operators Camera, platemaking and other pre-press occupations Photographic and film processors Specific10 hour agoShareVancouver, BC
payroll administratorHy-Mark Mechanical$45,000 - $55,000 a yearCredentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.) Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certification Business Equipment and Computer Applications MS10 hour agoShareGuelph, ON
Construction Administrator / Executive AssistantMinto Group Inc.Job Title: Construction Administrator Reporting to: Vice President, Construction Business Unit: Minto Communities Why join Minto? We are an award winning, and fully11 hour agoShareToronto, ON
Office AdministratorASR GROUP LTD$20 an hourManage construction projects by organizing sub contractors timelines Take calls from customers on behalf of company Make a list of supplies material and delivery11 hour agoShareBrampton, ON
Warehouse AdministratorAM/PM Systems Ltd.$37,500 a yearMain Responsibilities Processing point of sale hardware warranty claims Initiating and managing the purchase order cycle Executing and managing the Return Merchandise11 hour agoSharePort Coquitlam, BC