Associate Scientist, Process Support
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
ASSOCIATE ENGINEER, PROCESS SUPPORT
13 Month Term Position
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking an Associate Engineer, Process Support. A bachelor’s degree in Engineering; EIT Certification and previous experience in process engineering including operations support and troubleshooting is considered an asset. The successful candidate will have the ability to learn and apply knowledge of industry standards and best practices. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
The Associate Engineer, Process Support role is a member of the Manufacturing Sciences & Technology (MS&T) department that provides technical expertise and support to production (manufacturing, aseptic filling, and packaging departments). As such, this role is responsible for supporting and conducting troubleshooting, investigations, reviewing deviations, executing corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs), data trending, protocol and report generation, and batch record authoring/editing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the resolution of production process concerns including troubleshooting, investigations, data review and analysis, execution of CAPAs, etc.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements improvements to equipment, techniques, materials and processes.
- Authors batch record and standard operating procedure creation and changes.
- Assists with statistical process control by completing routine data trending and root cause analysis.
- Supports and may act as lead/ subject matter expert (SME) for quality investigations of process related deviations.
- Participates in Gemba walks by identifying, recommending, and implementing improvements to equipment, techniques, materials, and processes as required.
- Facilitates cross-functional brainstorming sessions to direct the flow of information and ensure all avenues are explored.
- Assists with qualification activities and studies associated with continuous improvements projects. This could include generation of protocols and reports, assessment of data, and assisting with protocol execution.
- Evaluate and transfer of process development recommendations into operations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; EIT certification is considered an asset.
- Previous experience in process engineering including operations support and troubleshooting is an asset.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of industry standards and best practices required
- Demonstrated ability to conduct problem solving and analysis of data to derive conclusions and deliver guidance.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- General understanding of Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methodologies and tools such as lean manufacturing, 6S, 8 wastes, Gemba walks, tiered meetings, etc.
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge, innovation, and a continuous improvement focus to activities.
- Ability to work independently, while maintaining positive, collaborative relationships cross-functionally.
- Proficient in Microsoft office including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
- Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
Corporate Financial Analyst - CPA - Ville St LaurentCompany description:Founded in 2001, Fed Finance is a recruitment agency that is specialized in accounting and finance positions. Our consultants are finance experts4 minute agoShareSaint-Laurent, Québec
Inside Sales Specialist - RemoteHostPapaCompany: Looking to work for a company that provides you with professional development opportunities, internal growth, and an exciting work environment? Look no further4 minute agoShareOntario
Web Hosting Support (English) - RemoteHostPapaJob Summary: We’re looking for an amazing person who is committed to helping others. We work with web hosting customers from all over the world, and with that4 minute agoShareBurlington, Ontario
Client Services ConsultantGovernment of Saskatchewan$39.58 - $49.59 an hourRegina, SKFull-time, Permanent$39.58 - $49.59 an hourClient Services Consultant - INF002506 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s): SK-Regina and5 minute agoShareRegina, SK
Unit ClerkAlberta Health ServicesAthabasca, ABCasualYour Opportunity: Description: As a Unit Clerk, you will be responsible for the efficient flow of communication between health professionals,5 minute agoShareAthabasca, AB