Office Clerk and Receptionist - 6 Month Contract
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
You’ll join our Enterprise Support Services (ESS) team helping to support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a driven administrative professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. This is a 6 month contract opportunity.
Your key responsibilities
As the Office Clerk and Receptionist you are the first point of contact for the firm, you are the face of EY. You are a driven workplace services professional who enjoys working in tandem with your colleagues while striving to understand and anticipate customer’s needs to exceed expectations.
Your key responsibilities also include:
- Greeting visitors: Receive & welcome visitors to the office in a professional, courteous manner
- Incoming calls: Answer queries and directs calls
- Security badges: Maintain and track all visitor and temporary building and/or office security badges
- Electronic Visitor Log: Check visitors in & out, providing the appropriate security badge if needed, and informing appropriate EY staff of their arrival
- Light housekeeping: wiping down counters, emptying dishwasher, maintaining reception area
- Meeting preparation: Coordinate meeting room books, room set up, including ordering catering, tear down/clean up
- Mail/courier: sorting, distributing documents & packages; preparing documents and packages for pick up or delivery
- Records management: Filing & archiving
- Equipment management: Understand and operate office equipment, place service calls as needed
- Supply provisioning & inventory control: Ordering, maintaining & distributing office supplies
- Reception Reference Manual: Refer to and update reception manual as needed
- Assistance to colleagues: Assist Executive Assistants with administrative support tasks as time allows
- Overtime required as needed
Skills and attributes for success
- Committed to contributing to a strong team culture to ensure success
- Develop and maintain relationships to efficiently leverage expertise
- Sound judgement regarding confidential and sensitive matters
- Proven ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment
- Aptitude to differentiate when to act independently or team with others
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Exceptional client service experience
- Strong oral communication skills, including active listening
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Reception experience
- Professional services firm experience
- Post-secondary education
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers and have a very strong attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Production Worker (Cambridge) - We'll TrainToyota Motor Manufacturing CanadaJob details Salary $23.41 - $25.28 an hour Job type Full-time Fixed term contract Full Job Description Assemble a better future with us We're hiring Production1 week agoShareSt. Thomas, ON
General Labourer - We'll Train (Woodstock)Toyota Motor Manufacturing CanadaAssemble a better future with us We're hiring multiple General Labourers (Production Workers). At Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada, we build more than industry-leading1 week agoShareMilton, ON
ReceptionistLASIK MDJob details Job type Full-time Full Job Description See if you are our next: RECEPTIONIST Working in a [LASIK MD clinic is so much more than1 week agoShareNorth York, ON+4 locations
Office AdministratorShorefastJob details Salary $15 - $27 an hour Job type Full-time Full Job Description Who We Are Shorefast is one of North America’s most creative and notable1 week agoShareJoe Batts Arm, NL
Medical ReceptionistProvidence Health Care - CardiologyJob details Salary $18 - $25 an hour Job type Full-time Permanent Full Job Description Looking for a full-time MOA in an outpatient cardiology practice.1 week agoShareVancouver, BC