Accounts Payable Administrator
Ann-Louise Jewellers is the leading retail jewellery chain in Western Canada and has been a successful and growing business for nearly four decades. Our purpose is not to simply sell products, but to share in the emotional experiences that jewellery brings. We sell our own fine diamond and coloured stone jewellery, branded jewellery lines, as well as over 10 world renowned watch brands such as Cartier, Tag Heuer, and Longines.
We are seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Administrator for our head office in Vancouver. This would be a great position for those wanting to establish and progress their career in accounting or for those seeking a long term stable career working with a tight-knit accounting group. It is a position requiring the candidate to manage a large portion of the accounts payable of the company which gives the candidate an opportunity to make a major contribution to the operations. Training would be provided as necessary.
The job duties include the following:
- Maintaining an organized system of invoices payable and invoices paid.
- Checking and entering invoices into the accounting system and booking them to the proper G/L accounts.
- Preparing payments of invoices in a timely fashion by way of cheques, credit cards, and wires with supporting information.
- Reconciling credit card payments.
- Corresponding with staff members and suppliers to resolve issues or discrepancies with invoices or payments.
- Checking that proper authorizations are made on invoices in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the monthly accounts payable listing is complete and up-to-date.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of administrative experience is required. Experience in accounts payable or accounting would be an asset.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Sage accounting system would be an asset.
- Strong work ethic.
- Highly organized, be able to work independently, and have the ability to take initiative on tasks.
Why work for us?
- A rare opportunity to work with Senior Management who will guide and train you over the long term
- Join a vibrant head office team with low employee turnover
- Enjoy discounted prices on jewellery and world renowned watch brands
- Full health and benefits package
- Central location near Science World with easy access to all forms of transportation.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter through Indeed. Thank you for your interest.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00-$48,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Administrative: 2 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
IT Support SpecialistXactly CorporationJob Title: IT Support Specialist Location: Toronto, ON Canada Function: IT Position Type: Full-Time Position Level: Entry-Level Xactly Corporation was founded to5 hour agoShareToronto, ON
Accounting ClerkBluewater district$25.98 - $26.81 an hourExternal Posting: 1495 Issued: July 26, 2021 EXTERNAL POSTING BLUEWATER DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF PERMANENT ACCOUNTING CLERK9 hour agoShareChesley, ON
accounting bookkeeperStella Wei CPA & Associate Inc.$20 - $25 an hourOr equivalent experience Business Equipment and Computer Applications MS Excel MS Windows MS Word Quick Books MS Outlook Specific Skills Reconcile10 hour agoShareBurnaby, BC
bookkeeperHANA PERFECT SALON$25 - $30 an hourSpecific Skills Reconcile accounts Prepare trial balance of books Post journal entries Calculate fixed assets and depreciation Maintain general ledgers and10 hour agoShareBurnaby, BC
bookkeeperRS Gem Connection Ltd$25 an hourBusiness Equipment and Computer Applications MS Excel Quick Books Simply Accounting Specific Skills Reconcile accounts Prepare trial balance of books Post journal10 hour agoShareVancouver, BC