Part-Time Warehouse Supervisor
UPS Canada - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Supervises and Develops Others
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
Plans Preload Operations
- Participates in the development and implementation of work process plans to maximize preload proficiency and achieve business results.
- Reviews and analyzes work group processes to troubleshoot service inefficiencies, modify work plans and/or behaviors, and improve performance.
- Conducts end of shift activities (e.g., equipment post trips documented, timecards processed, next day work plan communicated, etc.) to confirm completion of all work processes and provide communication to the Business Manager or On Road Supervisor.
Supports Collaborative Work Environment
- Communicates and presents operational objectives, changes, and updates to ensure a well-informed and focused workgroup.
- Provides communication and training to employees to share updates on new services and procedural changes.
- Evaluates employee relations/morale issues to identify areas of concern before they negatively impact performance and service.
Generates Operations Performance Reports
- Reviews previous day’s reports (e.g., time and labor, data on pieces per hour, stops per on road hour, misroutes, etc.) to determine acceptable levels of performance and make changes to current operations.
- Reviews and analyzes Industrial Engineering and Package Operations reports (e.g., inbound load forecasting and late air, excess a.m., and missed package, etc.) to resolve problems.
- Checks trailer forecasting system to estimate expected shipment volume and schedule proper staffing levels.
- Completes preload operations report to document the percent effective rate on planned versus actual performance.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Jobs that might suit you
Office AssistantSuperb Sprinkler Service$14 - $18 an hourWinnipeg, MBPart-time$14 - $18 an hourWe are looking for a part time office assistant to perform general office duties, including answering phones, scheduling20 minute agoShareWinnipeg, MB
CashierBlairmore IGABlairmore, ABPart-timeHandle cash, handle lottery tickets and scratch tickets.Responsible for putting customers transactions through, keeping front end and checkouts1 hour agoShareBlairmore, AB
DishwasherThe Canadian BrewhouseSaskatoon, SKFull-time, Part-timeWelcome to The Canadian Brewhouse, Canada's fastest-growing independent restaurant group! We are proud of being the only Canadian-themed1 hour agoShareSaskatoon, SK
Store Warehouse Associate - Alliston (Young Street)Canadian TireAlliston, ONPart-timeAre you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast? Canadian Tire offers customers a1 hour agoShareAlliston, ON
Finance & Reporting Specialist - WarsawBuroHappold EngineeringFinance & Reporting Specialist - WarsawWe currently have an opportunity for a Finance & Reporting Specialist in our Warsaw office. In this role you will work1 hour agoShareWarsaw, Ontario