Our Pinawa, Manitoba, location is looking for Firefighters! This role would have you respond to Structural Fires, Forest Fires, Hazardous Materials Incidents, High Angle and Confined Space Emergencies, Medical Responses, Auto Extrication Incidents and other such emergencies. You will be inspecting buildings for fire hazards and compliance with Fire Prevention. As a Firefighter at CNL you will participate in a training program that meets departmental regulations and work under the general supervision of the Whiteshell Fire Chief.
What will you be doing ?
- Providing emergency response.
- Participating in Fire Prevention activities concerning the protection of personnel and property.
- Performing routine inspections and maintenance of fire department equipment and apparatus.
- Assisting with inspecting, testing and maintaining fire protection systems as per applicable codes and standards.
- Assisting with updating and reviewing pre-incident plans.
- Reviewing all departmental policies, procedures and pre-incident plans regularly, as directed by Management.
- Participating in fire drills and demonstrations of firefighting techniques.
- Driving and operating firefighting vehicles and equipment.
- Participating in the training program to meet departmental regulations.
- Performing other related duties as required by management.
What we are looking for:
- Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12 or equivalent).
- Post-secondary diploma in a Firefighting Education Training Program.
- NFPA 1001 level I including NFPA 472 Operations required; Preference will be given to NFPA 1001 level II.
- Pump operations and emergency vehicle driving experience.
- A valid Standard First Aid and CPR certificate.
- A valid Manitoba Class 4 license with air endorsement or equivalent (must currently possess and maintain).
- Preferred qualifications such as:NFPA 1002 - Driver operator standard.
NFPA 1006 - High angle and confined space technical rescuer certification.
NFPA 1051 - Wildland firefighter standard or wildland-urban interface for structural firefighters.
- Meeting the minimum departmental medical and physical requirements .
- Maintaining the knowledge and skills to complete the normal daily duties of a firefighter, including but not limited to assisting with the inspection, testing and maintenance of fire protection systems.
- Successful completion of the CNL firefighter training program.
- Successful completion of the Radiological protection (group 3) requirements.
- Be willing to complete a firefighter pre-employment fitness test prior to employment.
- Must be able to perform work under stressful situations.
- Ability to work a continuous rotating shift schedule that involves working nights, weekends and holidays.
- Security clearance eligibility required : Reliability Status with Site Access Security Clearance (SASC), which has a minimum requirement of three (3) years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom OR Level 2 Secret, which has a minimum requirement of seven (7) years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United States and/or the United Kingdom. CNL implements security screening in accordance with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat's "Standard on Security Screening" and the "Policy on Government Security."
Does working with a team across Canada to advance nuclear science and technology for a clean and secure world speak to you? We're reinventing ourselves to be the pace setters, so we can lead the charge in solving the problems that matter, like building the next generation of clean nuclear and hydrogen energy solutions, developing new and better-targeted cancer treatments, and continuing to lead the world in environmental remediation. Work-life balance is an integral part of our overall health and well-being; at CNL, we value this.
We offer a complete total rewards package:
- paid time off (vacation, sick, floater & personal days);
- benefits effective day one, that's right, no waiting period;
- tuition support
- and a pension!
Do Our Priorities Resonate with You?
- Clean energy for today and tomorrow.
- Restore and protect the Environment.
- Contribute to the health of Canadians.
CNL is committed to providing an atmosphere free from barriers that promote equity, diversity and inclusion in achieving our mission.
CNL welcomes and celebrates employees, stakeholders and partners of all racial, cultural, and ethnic identities. CNL also supports a workplace environment and a corporate culture that is built on our Core Values: Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Safety, Integrity and Excellence which encourage equitable employment practices and career prospects inclusive of accommodations for all employees.
CNL is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please indicate via our ATS when applying. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
CNL respectfully recognizes and acknowledges that the Whiteshell Site is located within the traditional territory of many Indigenous Nations, including those within Treaty 1, 3, and 5, and the homeland of the Red River Métis. CNL is thankful to have the opportunity to work on these traditionally and culturally significant lands and waterways.
CNL's Whiteshell is located in the beautiful and historic municipality of Pinawa, Manitoba, roughly an hour by car from Winnipeg, Manitoba . Pinawais an excellent choice for people looking for peace and tranquillityand those who love the outdoors.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $102,642.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Pinawa, MB for this job?
Work Location: In person
firefighter, forestLoki Tree and Forest Service$22–$45 an hourFull-time +1Education: No degree, certificate or diploma Experience: Experience an asset Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses S-100 basic fire suppression and6 day agoShareNelson, BC
Airport FirefighterYukon Government$30.59–$35.41 an hourWeekend availability +2This posting is for anticipatory permanent, auxiliary on call or casual positions. Highways and Public Works – who we are Highways02-05-2023ShareWhitehorse, YT