At DCM, we deliver integrated industrial and commercial construction, maintenance and turn-around services. With a tremendous depth of knowledge, extensive experience and demonstrated success in many markets across Canada and internationally, we build lasting partnerships with clients.
Our mission is to be an industry leader by creating a family of talented individuals in a culture of innovation, safety, quality, efficiency and fun. We are proud to work with talented and qualified employees who bring a variety of skills to our group, as these skills contribute directly to the growth and success of our business.
The Skilled Laborer job duties include, but are not limited to, cleaning and preparing a job site, loading and delivering materials and using a variety of tools and machines. Due to the nature of the work the Skilled Laborer must be willing and able to work unsupervised as well as part of a team. Site specific training may be given to the Skilled Laborer to qualify them for certain tasks such as confined space monitoring, gas monitoring and fire watch. Laborers must be very safety oriented and follow all safety procedures closely while on the job.
- Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to different work areas;
- Assist tradespersons in construction activities;
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities;
- Assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction;
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel;
- Remove rubble and other debris/snow from construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment;
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
- Fire watch and Confined Space ticket
- There are no minimum educational requirements to be a Skilled Laborer but experience is considered an asset;
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others;
- Perform heavy maintenance work involving climbing, rigging, and exposure to high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic systems in accordance with all company safety procedures;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Demonstrate practical problem solving ability. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- Zoom Boom ticket is an asset;
- Travel is required;
- Experience working in a furnace is an asset;
- Ability to lift and carry objects alone or as a team;
- Required to use power and hand tools to complete work;
- Frequently noisy working environment;
- Overtime as required;
- Accommodation and flights provided from Edmonton and Calgary.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Community Service TechnicianNorthwestel Inc.Community Service Technician Northwestel Inc. Old Crow, YT Part Time Duration Permanent Intended job posting audience Anyone who can legally work in Canada1 day agoShareOld Crow, YT
Hazardous Waste TechnicianNasittuq CorporationEXPERIENCE CANADA’S NORTH – A UNIQUE PART OF THE WORLD FEW GET TO SEE!*Nasittuq provides exemplary support services to the Canadian Forces Station (CFS)1 day agoShareGrise Fiord, NU
House PersonMarriott International, IncPosting Date Nov 30, 2021Job Number 21141061Job Category Housekeeping & LaundryLocation Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre, 525 Bay Street, Toronto, ONT,1 day agoShareToronto, ON
LabourerUnitech Construction Management Ltd.ABOUT US: Unitech Construction Management is committed to creating the ideal client experience and providing a fun and inclusive work environment for our employees. We1 day agoShareMasset, BC
Full-Time Production Associate (ASAP -Dec start dates)Honda Canada MFG$22 an hourIt takes a world-class team to build a world-class vehicle. At Honda of Canada Mfg. (HCM) the quality of our products and the unstoppable spirit of our highly skilled1 day agoShareAlliston, ON