Letter Carrier - Delivery Agent (Permanent)
Job Requisition Id: 65591
Business Function: Delivery Agent or Letter Carrier
Primary City: Grande Prairie
Employment Type: Part-Time 22.5 hours/week
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: English Essential
Number of Vacancies 1
Job Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 02/10/2020
Canada Post is an exciting place to work! And you can be part of it!
We deliver billions of items to Canadians each year – and you can be a big part of making this happen. As a part-time, permanent Delivery Agent (also known as a Letter Carrier), you’ll be the face of Canada Post in your community and make sure customers and businesses get the mail and parcels they’re waiting for.
Does this sound like you? The role of delivery agent would be a great fit if you:
- like meeting people and making their day
- enjoy being outside and active year-round
- want to work for a great national company
- would be proud to serve your fellow Canadians
What will you do?
- You’ll start your day in the depot, sorting and preparing the day’s deliveries
- You’ll load and drive a Canada Post postal vehicle
- You’ll then spend most of your day outside, delivering mail and packages by foot or by vehicle to customers on your route
- You’ll return to the depot to unload the day’s incoming mail and packages for later delivery
What must you have?
- A valid Class 5 (non GDL) or Class G driver’s licence with a safe driving record for at least 3 years (driver's abstract required)
- The physical ability to lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kg (50 lb) and carry items weighing up to 15.9 kg (35 lb) regularly throughout the day
- The ability to work in all types of weather
These help, too!
- Experience in customer service
- Experience making deliveries or working as a driver
In return, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Extensive classroom and on-the-job training about your duties and safety on the job
Today’s Canada Post
Canada Post is an e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We help small businesses grow. We enrich lives in remote communities. We connect Canadians with each other and to the rest of the world. And we do all this by providing residential and business customers with the best possible delivery experience in the country.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Medical Office Assistant/ReceptionistWellmedica Medical Centre Brampton$15 - $17 an hourMust have 2-3 years of experience of Medical office assistant/ reception work. Phlebotomy is preferred. Must have completed a program from an institute to work in any16 minute agoShareBrampton, ON
Office Clerk/ReceptionistFraser Health$19.72 - $21.78 an hourFraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others? If you've44 minute agoShareMission, BC
CourierFedEx Express Canada$19 an hourCompany: FedEx Express Canada Job Title: Courier Job Requisition Number: RC265788 Job Family: FXE-CAN: Ops Courier Time Type: Part Time Worker Sub-Type:1 hour agoShareSurrey, BC
CLERK, DEVELOPMENT SERVICES (9– MONTHS CONTRACT)City of Brampton$906 a weekJob Description: Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Take a look at what employees are working on related to our Term of Council Priorities moving us1 hour agoShareBrampton, ON
Post Office Assistant - TermCanada Post - Postes Canada$17.38 an hourJob Requisition Id: 72542 Business Function: Retail Primary City: INGERSOLL Province: Ontario Employment Type: Temporary - New Employment Status: Temporary Language2 hour agoShareIngersoll, ON