- The booth information officers assist campers with registration and other aspects of their stay.
- Performing administrative tasks such as using the (RAP) Reserve Alberta Parks system, collecting and reconciling revenue, and selling of firewood and ice.
- There will also be opportunities to assist other provincial park staff with occupancy checks, cleaning and maintenance, developing self-guided activities for campers, and other administrative duties such as data entry.
Note: Accommodations may be available within the park. Shift and weekend work is required.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a security screening and provide a driver’s abstract.
- High School Diploma or post-secondary education.
- One year of customer service experience.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet).
- Experience or training in Tourism & Hospitality, Administration, Communications Accounting or Business are considered assets.
- Experience handling cash, credit and debit card transactions, computer usage, debit machines are considered assets.
- Must be a team player with strong customer service, communication and organizational skills.
- Require own transportation.
- Equivalencies will be considered.
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
- Recognized current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Defensive Driving Certificate (within three years)
- Drivers Abstract
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: To think creatively while working in a changing work environment.
- Build Collaborative Environments: By promoting collaboration and commitment, encourage broad thinking on projects, work together to eliminate barriers to progress, and facilitate open and respectful dialogue.
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: Using a wide range of communication techniques to promptly and professionally address issues.
- Develop Networks: Through ongoing relationships with staff, park visitors, partner organizations, and Indigenous communities.
- This is a seasonal wage opportunity. This position may be used to fill future vacancies across the Government of Alberta, at equal or lower classification and salary.
- Hours of work: Employees will work a 40 hour work week. Days of the week will depend on the placement, but staff can expect to work evenings and weekends.
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and a driver’s abstract.
- Shift and weekend work will be required.
- Those selected for an interview must bring three work related references to the interview.
- Visit https://jobpostings.alberta.ca/ to locate the job posting (search for the term "info officer")
- Create a candidate profile and upload your application. For help on creating a profile, visit: https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/psc-jobs-external-applicant-creating-candidate-profile.pdf
- Answer the pre-screening questions with your location choices. Visit www.albertaparks.ca for more information on each location.
- Applicants will be able to track the status of their applications through their profile page.
NEW for 2021: If interested in applying for both the Information Officer and Lead Information Officer positions, you must apply on BOTH competitions separately.
- Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
- It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Services (IQAS) - http:/work.alberta.ca/iqas. It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
- Interviews will be held virtually in March via the Cisco Webex platform.
- Online applications are preferred through https://jobs.alberta.ca/. As only one file can be uploaded, make sure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name (Smith,Joe_Resume). Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
Alberta Environment & Parks
If you require any further information about this posting, please contact [email protected] and put PRRO in the subject line. If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check http://www.albertaparks.ca for a listing of other current career opportunities with the Alberta Parks.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Administrative SupportGovernment of Saskatchewan$20.26 - $25.40 an hourAdministrative Support - ADM018541 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more Location(s): SK-Central East-Yorkton Ministry: 036 Social Services Salary Range:5 hour agoShareYorkton, SK
Summer Student (Administration) (New Minas)Province of Nova Scotia$16.50 - $26.90 an hourCompetition # : 29465 Department: Transportation & Infrastructure Renewal Location: NEW MINAS Type of Employment: Student Union Status: Exclusion - Non Union -8 hour agoShareNew Minas, NS
Correctional OfficerProvince of Nova Scotia$4,064 - $4,982 a monthCompetition # : 29391 Department: Justice Location: NEW GLASGOW Type of Employment: Permanent Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG Closing Date: 3/17/2021 (Applications are8 hour agoShareNew Glasgow, NS
Postal Clerk - Retail and OperationsCanada Post - Postes Canada$21.19 an hourJob Requisition Id: 86922 Business Function: Retail Primary City: NEW HAMBURG Other Location(s): Province: Ontario Employment Type: Temporary - New Employment Status:8 hour agoShareNew Hamburg, ON
Taxpayer Services Agent, NB Call Centre, New Brunswick Tax Services OfficeCanada Revenue Agency$58,076 - $65,363 a yearPour obtenir une description des termes clés utilisés sur les avis d’emploi à l'ARC, consultez les Définitions pour les chercheurs11 hour agoShareCanada