Community Service Technician
Community Service Technician Northwestel Inc. Old Crow, YT Part TimeDuration Permanent Intended job posting audience Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Are you an Old Crow Resident? Do you like working with your hands, outdoors & with technology? Do you have your own transportation? Do you have a valid driver’s license? Are you willing to participate in training? If you answered YES to these questions, we are looking for you!
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Only current residents of Old Crow, YT will be considered for this position.
- Do you like working with your hands, outdoors & with technology?
- Do you have your own transportation?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license?
- YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE in your community by working with us to providing an essential service.
We will provide training so that you can:
- Install and maintain telephone jacks and outside wiring
- Ensure Installation and repairs are completed on time to meet customer needs and requirements
- Install, maintain and collect coins from payphones
- Connect telephone lines in local exchanges and servicing high-speed data circuits
- Ability to work with other technicians when they are in the community
- Ability to work with remote assistance to help resolve Central Office Issues and alarms
- Maintain a clean and safe working site and follow safety practices
Knowledge and Competencies Required
- Current resident of ‘location’ and a trusted member of the community, or you have existing established relationships and secured housing in ‘location’.
- Minimum of Grade 10 education with reading and writing skills
- Must be experienced in using a computer
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and on a team
- Must have own transportation (Skidoo, four wheeler, Side-by-side, truck)
- Must be physically capable of performing the job duties(climbing poles, working on ladders, outdoors)
- Must be able to travel for training
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete a work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety-conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Office Clerk and Receptionist - 6 Month ContractEYAt EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version1 hour agoShareWaterloo, ON
Packaging Production Team Member (Full-Time)Fresh PrepWho We Are Fresh Prep is a revolutionary meal kit delivery service headquartered in Vancouver, BC. We help people throughout the Greater Vancouver and Calgary areas to11 hour agoShareVancouver, BC
Full-time Courier DriverAlopex CouriersAbout this Position: If you enjoy driving and working in a physical, fast-paced outdoor environment delivering packages to residential and commercial customers, there11 hour agoShareGrand Forks, BC
Tech CoachHealthpreneurWe believe that the Client Success is the unsung hero in a company's success... And in our business, where we guide our clients to create an online marketing funnel we21 hour agoShareOntario
Vehicle Check-In ClerkManheimPrimary Location: 8277 Lawson Rd, Milton, ON, CAN Division: Manheim Job Level: Individual Contributor Travel: No Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job Requisition23 hour agoShareMilton, ON