ARYZTA Careers - Burnaby, BC
Bakers HelperCity & State: Burnaby, BC, CA, V5B 3B3 V5B 3B3 Job Category: Bakery Operations V5B 3B3 ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Bakers Helper Union Canada
24/7 Bakery - shift work, must be available for all shifts and have reliable transportation. NOT transit accessible.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform duties on a production assembly line for baked goods. This physically demanding job requires cutting of doughs, lifting doughs and supplies, and preparing the doughs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with dough using dough breakers and/or sheeters.
- Cut doughs into uniform portions.
- Transport trays of dough heads onto racks (approximately 45 lbs).
- Carry and distribute supplies such as flour and shortening.
- Lift bags of flour (44 - 88 lbs).
- Move racks with dough heads and baking pans.
- Move skids with a pallet jack (non-electrical).
- Set up filling bowls.
- Follow product processing instructions.
- Work in accordance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and WCB regulations.
- Follow and take instruction from team leaders.
- Ensure proper, safe and efficient performance of duties and operation of equipment.
- Cross-train in a variety of functions with other processing lines and help train new employees.
- Maintain cleanliness of Bakery and your work area.
- Other duties as required.
- Able to speak, read and write basic English required.
- Possess basic math skills.
- Must be able to understand the scheduling process which is based on a number of criteria.
- Able to problem solve.
- Maintain high quality production standards.
- Awareness of product specifications an asset (i.e. weight, temperature, color, code date system etc.)
- Able to work in a variety of work environment temperatures: heat from ovens and cold from freezers.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment.
- Must be able to do repetitive labour intensive and physically demanding work: lifting, bending.
- Must be willing and able to do job rotation.
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts.
- Adhere to the Collective Agreement.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Jobs that might suit you
Restaurant staffRUBS AMERICAN BBQ$40,469 - $49,462 a yearRubs American BBQ à St-Rose Laval est actuellement à la recherche de personnel expérimenté. Nous avons actuellement des position ouverte pour1 day agoShareLaval, QC
Cashier/Warehouse HelperNorth Van Bottle Depot$15 an hourWe are looking for part time or full time several individuals for customer service, cashier & general labor. Flexible hours, part time or full timestarting salary :2 day agoShareNorth Vancouver, BC
Baker's HelperCOBS Bread Mission Hills$15 - $17 an hourCOBS bread in mission looking for a baker or baker helper that can start at 3am and 4am They will be responsible for Baking the bead Or making the dough , lifting up to2 day agoShareMission, BC
Hiring All FOH and BOH staffGrizzly Bear Bistro & Bar Ltd.Grizzly Bear Bistro & Bar, opening very soon at Airport Village is now hiring quality team members for our grand opening at the end of August.If you have a positive2 day agoShareKelowna, BC
Hiring All FOH and BOH staffGrizzly Bear Bistro & Bar Ltd.Grizzly Bear Bistro & Bar, opening very soon at Airport Village is now hiring quality team members for our grand opening at the end of August.If you have a positive3 day agoShareKelowna, BC